By Ryan "elfmaster" O'Neill
- Grasp the intricacies of the ELF binary structure of UNIX and Linux
- Design instruments for opposite engineering and binary forensic analysis
- Insights into UNIX and Linux reminiscence infections, ELF viruses, and binary safeguard schemes
Learning Linux Binary research is choked with wisdom and code that may train you the internal workings of the ELF layout, and the equipment utilized by hackers and defense analysts for virus research, binary patching, software program defense and more.
This publication will commence through taking you thru UNIX/Linux item utilities, and should movement directly to instructing you all in regards to the ELF specimen. you are going to find out about strategy tracing, and should discover the different sorts of Linux and UNIX viruses, and the way you may make use of ELF Virus know-how to accommodate them.
The latter 1/2 the publication discusses the use of Kprobe instrumentation for kernel hacking, code patching, and debugging. you can find easy methods to become aware of and disinfect kernel-mode rootkits, and movement directly to examine static code. eventually, you'll be walked via complicated userspace reminiscence an infection analysis.
This booklet will lead you into territory that's uncharted even by means of a few specialists; correct into the realm of the pc hacker.
What you are going to learn
- Explore the interior workings of the ELF binary format
- Discover suggestions for UNIX Virus an infection and analysis
- Work with binary hardening and software program anti-tamper methods
- Patch executables and approach memory
- Bypass anti-debugging measures utilized in malware
- Perform complex forensic research of binaries
- Design ELF-related instruments within the C language
- Learn to function on reminiscence with ptrace
About the Author
Ryan "elfmaster" O'Neill is a working laptop or computer protection researcher and software program engineer with a history in opposite engineering, software program exploitation, defense safeguard, and forensics applied sciences. He grew up within the computing device hacker lifestyle, the realm of EFnet, BBS structures, and distant buffer overflows on platforms with an executable stack. He was once brought to approach safety, exploitation, and virus writing at a tender age. His nice ardour for machine hacking has developed right into a love for software program improvement defense study. Ryan has spoken at numerous desktop safety meetings, together with DEFCON and RuxCon, and in addition conducts a 2-day ELF binary hacking workshop.
He has an exceptionally gratifying profession and has labored at nice businesses akin to Pikewerks, Leviathan protection staff, and extra lately Backtrace as a software program engineer.
Ryan has now not released the other books, yet he's popular for a few of his papers released in on-line journals resembling Phrack and VXHeaven. a lot of his different guides are available on his web site at http://www.bitlackeys.org.
Table of Contents
- The Linux setting and Its Tools
- The ELF Binary Format
- Linux approach Tracing
- ELF Virus expertise – Linux/Unix Viruses
- Linux Binary Protection
- ELF Binary Forensics in Linux
- Process reminiscence Forensics
- ECFS – prolonged middle dossier photo Technology
- Linux /proc/kcore Analysis
By John Ewart
About This Book
- Learn the right way to use Chef in a concise manner
- Learn how one can use Chef to combine with cloud providers equivalent to EC2 and Rackspace Cloud
- See complicated how one can combine Chef into your surroundings, boost checks, or even expand Chef's center functionality
Who This publication Is For
If you've got a few figuring out of IT infrastructure rules and are able to discover what Chef is all approximately, then this consultant will express you all you must understand. so that it will get the main out of this publication, a few event of programming or scripting languages will be useful.
What you are going to Learn
- Install the Chef server by yourself hosts
- Model your infrastructure utilizing Chef from a small variety of hosts to a bigger scale
- Integrate Chef with cloud services
- Develop customized recipes to set up your software program utilizing Chef
- Test recipes throughout a number of platforms
- Extend Chef's integrated performance to help customized resources
- Manage improvement environments utilizing chef-solo and Vagrant
Chef is a configuration administration instrument that turns IT infrastructure into code. Chef presents instruments to regulate structures at scale. With this booklet, you are going to tips on how to use a similar instruments that businesses resembling fb, insurrection video games, and Ancestry.com use to regulate and scale their infrastructure.
This ebook takes you on a finished travel of Chef's performance, starting from its middle gains to complicated improvement. you may be mentioned to hurry with what is new in Chef and the way to establish your personal Chef infrastructure for people, or small or huge groups. after you have the center parts, you'll get to grips with bootstrapping hosts to then strengthen and follow cookbooks. so that it will totally leverage Chef, this ebook will convey you complicated recipes that will help you deal with new forms of information companies and assets. by means of the tip of this ebook, you can be convinced in the best way to deal with your infrastructure, scale utilizing the cloud, and expand the integrated performance of Chef itself.
By Susan Smith Nash,Michelle Moore
About This Book
- Explore Moodle's direction improvement positive aspects like subject matters, social media plugins and archiving content
- Bring jointly guidelines, social interplay, and scholar administration services on your courses
- An easy-to-follow consultant that will help you create or replace your Moodle course
Who This ebook Is For
This publication can be utilized via education managers, lecturers, teachers, Moodle directors, educational technologists, educational designers, and e- studying entrepreneurs.
If you're looking for a very simple and handy approach to manage studying actions besides team initiatives and actions, then this booklet is for you. a few earlier adventure with Moodle will be valuable, and it's going to even be precious should you comprehend the fundamentals of utilizing HTML and the way to paintings with diverse multimedia dossier codecs and social media.
What you are going to Learn
- Set up a template for a chain of courses
- Design the looks of your course
- Manage the assets and actions of your course
- Organize your direction content material effectively
- Set up recommendations on your course
- Select and organize assessments
- Include potent educational ideas on your course
- Archive your path content material for reuse
Moodle direction layout top Practices is a pragmatic consultant that might train you ways to take advantage of the instruments to be had in Moodle to enhance detailed classes for plenty of varieties of organizations.
You should be capable of make the most of the topics which were contributed by way of builders. you could contain many differing kinds after all fabrics and interactive exams. additionally, you will the best way to adjust the constitution and presentation of assets, actions, and exams to create classes for person use, cohorts, and big Open on-line classes (MOOCs). using some of the multimedia gains to augment your Moodle classes can also be defined during this book.
By Pradeep Macharla
- Understand the right way to construct an Android cellular app from source
- Set up a improvement or debuggi
ng atmosphere for cellular apps
By Sandeep Nair
Instant Liferay Portal 6 Starter is a beginner consultant to figuring out the techniques of Liferay Portal. the way to construct a website from scratch and a few of the most important good points of Liferay.
Having facts and content material aggregated from a number of assets on one web page has prepared the ground for a couple of portals. Liferay has grown quickly and made its presence felt in terms of open resource firm portals.
Instant Liferay Portal 6 Starter will enable you to arrange Liferay and create a domain. it is going to provide you with a uncomplicated suggestion of ways to constitution your web site, the idea that of portals, and may exhibit Liferay’s special good points that make it stick out from the remainder of the portals.
You will the best way to deal with clients, workforce them right into a hierarchy, and govern the entry degrees. additionally, you will methods to create websites and deal with pages. it is going to take you thru different major good points like content material administration, rfile administration, and collaboration. With it you could discover a number of the newest positive aspects, and examine vital techniques and terminologies of Liferay 6.1, with a view to assist you lessen your programming efforts.
Get to grips with a brand new know-how, comprehend what it truly is and what it will possibly do for you, after which get to paintings with an important positive factors and initiatives. an easy Starter strategy in the direction of realizing major components of portals resembling content material administration, record administration, and collaboration. It additionally presents an summary of Liferay ideas and terminologies.
Who this publication is for
Instant Liferay Portal 6 Starter is excellent for brand new clients who need to know what Liferay is all approximately. it's going to fast supply them an outline approximately Liferay Portal and its good points. it's also sturdy should you are looking to study no matter if Liferay is healthy for his or her necessities and have an interest in what specified positive aspects Liferay can offer.
By Karol Król,Aaron Hodge Silver
Back within the day, in the event you desired to release a brand new site, you both needed to examine net programming your self or lease a qualified who might look after the full strategy for you. these instances are gone as a result of WordPress and the nice possibilities it brings. With WordPress, an individual can construct an optimized website with the smallest amount of attempt attainable after which make it to be had to the realm very quickly. WordPress is a versatile and robust device that is excellent for developing either web publication and non-blog web pages. you could customise the gains, include your personal layout, or even write your individual plugins conveniently. Its versatility and straightforwardness of use have attracted a wide, enthusiastic, and valuable group of users.
"WordPress 3.7 entire: 3rd version" is a realistic consultant for somebody who desires to begin their trip as an online developer. This WordPress e-book takes you thru a step by step means of making plans out after which construction your site.
"WordPress 3.7 whole: 3rd variation" will take you thru the entire technique of construction a completely practical WordPress website from scratch.
You will create your first weblog publish, what the adaptation among posts and pages is, and the way to take advantage of multimedia documents to accompany your content material and make it extra beautiful. subsequent, you can find out what plugins and subject matters are and the way to exploit them effectively.
"With WordPress 3.7 whole: 3rd version" , you are going to research all of the bits and bobs of WordPress and utilizing it for publishing content material on the internet. It presents easy-to-apply suggestion with a whole bunch screenshots and actionable examples.
"WordPress 3.7 whole: 3rd variation" is a finished and step by step educational filled with screenshots and examples to make it effortless and speedy to select it up.
Who this e-book is for
This WordPress booklet is a advisor to WordPress for on-line publishers and net builders. when you are new to running a blog and need to create your individual weblog or site from scratch, then "WordPress 3.7 whole: 3rd version" is for you. No past wisdom of HTML/CSS or personal home page is required.
By Luciano Ramalho
Python’s simplicity helps you to develop into effective fast, yet this frequently potential you aren’t utilizing every thing it has to supply. With this hands-on advisor, you’ll how you can write potent, idiomatic Python code through leveraging its best—and most likely so much neglected—features. writer Luciano Ramalho takes you thru Python’s center language beneficial properties and libraries, and exhibits you the way to make your code shorter, quicker, and extra readable on the similar time.
Many skilled programmers attempt to bend Python to slot styles they discovered from different languages, and not become aware of Python gains outdoor in their event. With this publication, these Python programmers will completely the way to develop into knowledgeable in Python 3.
This e-book covers:
- Python information model: know how particular tools are the foremost to the constant habit of objects
- Data structures: take complete good thing about integrated kinds, and comprehend the textual content vs bytes duality within the Unicode age
- Functions as objects: view Python services as first class items, and know the way this impacts renowned layout patterns
- Object-oriented idioms: construct sessions by way of studying approximately references, mutability, interfaces, operator overloading, and a number of inheritance
- Control flow: leverage context managers, turbines, coroutines, and concurrency with the concurrent.futures and asyncio packages
- Metaprogramming: know the way houses, characteristic descriptors, type decorators, and metaclasses work
By Chris F. A. Johnson,Jayant Varma
Pro Bash Programming teaches you the way to successfully make the most of the Bash shell on your programming. The Bash shell is a whole programming language, no longer only a glue to mix exterior Linux instructions. through taking complete benefit of Shell internals, Shell courses can practice as snappily as utilities written in C or different compiled languages. and you may see how, with out assuming Unix lore, you could write specialist Bash 4.3 courses via commonplace programming techniques.
This moment variation has up-to-date for Bash 4.3, and plenty of scripts were rewritten to cause them to extra idiomatically Bash, taking larger good thing about gains particular to Bash. you can actually learn, comprehend, and should train you the way to familiarize yourself with Bash programming with no drowning you in pages and pages of syntax.
Using this ebook it is possible for you to to exploit the shell successfully, make scripts run speedier utilizing growth and exterior instructions, and know the way to beat many universal blunders that reason scripts to fail. This ebook is ideal for all starting Linux and Unix approach directors who are looking to be in complete regulate in their platforms, and very become familiar with Bash programming.
What youll learn
- Use the shell to put in writing new utilities and attain so much programming tasks.
- Use shell parameter growth to interchange many exterior instructions, making scripts very fast.
- Learn to prevent many universal error that reason scripts to fail.
- Learn how Bash’s readline and heritage libraries can shop typing whilst getting consumer input.
- Learn to take advantage of beneficial properties new to Bash 4.0.
- Build shell scripts that get info from the Web.
Who this ebook is for
Beginning Linux and Unix approach directors who are looking to be in complete command in their systems.
By Julien Danjou
Most of the books you examine Python will train you the language fundamentals – yet as soon as you have learnt them, you’re by yourself in designing your software and gaining knowledge of top practice.
In this booklet, we are going to see how one can leverage Python to successfully take on your difficulties and construct nice Python applications.
By Joshua Cook
- Master interactive improvement utilizing the Jupyter platform
- Run and construct Docker boxes from scratch and from publicly on hand open-source images
- Write infrastructure as code utilizing the docker-compose instrument and its docker-compose.yml dossier type
- Deploy a multi-service info technological know-how application across a cloud-based system